10 Great Reasons Why You Should Transfer Home Videos to DVD
Most people take a lot of great home videos, but they never actually sit down to watch and enjoy them. They tend to take them and forget about them. And if your home videos are in VHS format, then they will soon become obsolete. So it makes sense to transfer them to DVD. This will enable you to enjoy your home videos for many more years to come. And you’ll also be able to pass them down to your kids and grandkids who will gain a sense of family history from watching them. Here are 10 great reasons why you should transfer home videos to DVD:
- Stay Current: As mentioned above, the VHS format is all but obsolete. So if you want to stay current, you need to digitize.
- Avoid Losing Home Videos: If you don’t transfer your home videos from VHS to DVD now, they’re likely to deteriorate because the VHS medium only lasts for 10-25 years.
- Share Home Videos: Once your home videos are in digital format, you will be able to share them with family and friends from your computer or mobile.
- Use Many Devices: Once your home videos are digitized, you can watch them on your DVD player, your computer, your cell phone, your tablet etc.
- Play Around: Once you have the digital file, you can also edit your home videos. You can string several together, add credits, background music etc.
- Watch on Special Occasions: Home videos are great to watch on special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries.
- Post on Social Media: People love to see old photos and videos on social media.
- Share Family History: Home videos are great when you want to teach your kids and grandkids about your family history.
- Revive Old Fashions: Home videos are also great when you feel like checking out old fashions and reviving them in the present.
- Feel Good: There is also a “feel good” component in home videos since they’re generally taken when you were doing something fun and enjoyable, and they can help to evoke those feelings again.
Contact us to learn more great reasons why you should transfer your home videos to DVD.