10 Benefits of Transferring Home Videos to DVD
If you’re like most people, you probably keep thinking about preserving your home videos by transferring them to DVD, but you never get around to doing it. Isn’t it time you took matters into your own hands and got the job done? There are many advantages of transferring home videos to DVD, just in case you need to remind yourself of these.
Transferring Home Videos
- Longevity: Home videos are going to last a lot longer on DVDs than they do on VHS, Beta tape, or 8 mm film. Once you digitize home videos, they are likely to last forever.
- Easy Transfers: It’s not just the longevity of the digital medium which makes it so advantageous. In addition, it also becomes easy to transfer videos from one form of digital storage to another, such as memory sticks, hard drives, smartphones, the cloud, etc.
- Easy to Share: Given that home videos are easily transferrable once they’ve been digitized, they also become easy to share over email, phone, etc. So you can send them to all your near and dear ones.
- Preserves Quality: Chances are your VHS and Beta tapes are starting to deteriorate, so the picture might already be unclear. By transferring to a digital medium, you can preserve what remains of the picture quality.
- Watch on Many Screens: Once you have digitized your home videos, you can watch them on a DVD player, on your computer, on your phone, on your tablet, etc.
- Preserve Memories: Home videos will help you to remember what you were doing 10, 20, or 30 years ago so you can laugh or be nostalgic about those memories.
- Bring Your Family Closer: This is another thing you can do by watching home videos together or sharing them on your family chat. Everyone’s going to have a new viewpoint about your home videos.
- Teach Children: If you have children or grandchildren who are curious about your family tree, you can teach them more about your family with the help of home videos.
- Jog Memories: If you have seniors who might be afflicted with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, you can help jog their memories with home videos.
- Relive Vacations: If you visited some exotic places which you captured on video, you might want to relive your vacations by watching those videos now.
Contact us to learn more about the benefits of transferring home videos to DVD.